The Content Workbench crawls and returns all the pages that need to be mapped and migrated as well as all the supporting image and document items.
- You simply input the name and URL and click ‘create’.
- Content Workbench will analyse your existing site, map its structure and provision a govCMS ‘white site’.
- You can then access the dashboard to start mapping your website’s content to your new govCMS site.
You can use the Workbench dashboard to perform page operations, create content extraction rules, and configure content types.
- To map your existing site to your new IA, you can add or delete pages and move them around in the hierarchy.
- When adding a new page you can define the source URL from the source site, select a content type and assign any specific rules for that page.
- At any point you can preview an existing page. The Workbench lets you edit the rules to be applied to an existing page or modify the content type and rules applied to multiple pages at once.
Rules and content types
- Rules use a simple syntax to determine how content or other elements from the source site are to be treated. One creates a new rule, enters an expression, and then applies this rule to a field within a content type.
- Content types are populated from the provisioned site. They include options such as ‘Standard Page’, ‘Blog Article’, ‘Event’, and so on. Content types have different rules for different content fields, which you can specify.
- All pages identified with a specific content type will have its rules applied when they are migrated.
- Under site settings you can edit the site name and apply a logo.
When you are satisfied with the configuration, simply click ‘migrate’.
- Pages are transformed through the rules and content types that you specify. They are then created as pages on a new site. Associated files and images are also brought across into the govCMS structure.
- Internal links are resolved and a menu structure created to generate a complete and functioning site.
Migration is an iterative process. You can return to PerformX® Content Workbench at any time to modify the mapping of your site and remigrate as many times as you wish.
After migration, you can deploy your new site.
- Once you have migrated, your temporary site is hosted on our AWS server.
- The PerformX® Content Workbench has a function that allows you to save your database. The ‘deploy’ button on the Sites page lets you download your database as a WinZip file.
- You can host your database on your own server or engage with the govCMS team to explore hosting options.